Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Breaking my own rules again! Good lesson on why not to delete photos that are not sharp in your camera!

Jenny Grist Mill Swan ~ Plymouth, MA

This past Monday, I finally got to go out and photograph swans again! I was truly inspired! This past weekend, I stayed in, and worked on making a book on swans! I am really excited about it! The photographs range from the single swan, to the love story including the hear shapes that swans are known for, the eggs and swans on the nest, and the babies growing up! The book took about two days to put together, but it was four years worth of photographs that helped make the book what it is! I got to go through all my swan photos, and pick out all of my favorites! I had so many different ones and fond memories behind each one, That it sparked a flame in me to get out there again!! A friend asked "Do you really needed another photograph of a swan?" My response was, "Um, YUP!! =)" All photographers know, your best photograph ever is the one you are about to take! =)

The above photo was taken right before sunset, and the swan was moving, I was moving, and only had a fraction of a second to get the shot before he went behind the branches. So even though I knew it wouldn't be razor sharp, I took it anyway. I looked at the viewfinder and saw it was out of focus, but did not delete it. Something about the colors, I really liked! Most of my photography, about 90% is what I take in the camera. I don't use photo software as a norm, just for contrast and cropping. For this photopraph I used the posterize effect, and it made my soft focus photo look like a painting!! So am glad I didn't delete the out of focus photograph, and I am happy with the way the software touch up worked!

I hope you enjoy the photograph as much as I do! You will see more photos again soon, I am sure of it!!
Till next time, take care!
MB

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this one MB. The effect you used is perfect. I look forward to seeing your book.
    Carol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! I really appreciate you leaving a comment! Just checked out your blog too!! VERY NICE!! love IT! We have to get together sometime to take photographs! It will be great! My book comes Tuesday! I can hardly wait! It has about 5 years worth of photographs of swans that I have taken! I will let you know when I get it! Hope to see you soon! Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete